An Excerpt From a Waterlogged Journal
“Sometimes, it feels like I don’t really have any options either.”CHAIN-LINK EVENT
WARNING: this Event is part of an Event Chain! You've lost all control over your own actions and must now sit back while someone else takes the wheel. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and hope that you did things right before taking the plunge!
To get this event
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
EffectsThis event has no effects.
This Event takes place in the following locations:
- Amamiya Estate - Dojo
In an excerpt from a waterlogged journal, the writer writes about their fear of death, and how dreadfully miserable it has made their life. What worsens this fear is the seeming truth that no one else harbors such a deep fear, making them feel alone even when surrounded by those who love them. They ask the reader if they too are afraid of death and, if so, reassure them that doing so is no longer necessary as they've created a world free of it – A world where everyone is friendly, without knowledge of the evils in the world, nor the need to fear in the first place, as long as they remain with them.
In the next excerpt, the writer talks about a dream they had – A dream about a girl with blue eyes who the writer desperately wanted to see again. Unfortunately, the dream has faded, and the writer is forced to acknowledge that dreams hold little substance. Instead, they write about today. It is Tuesday, which means it is "Yuko's" turn to make dinner, with the writer dryly adding that it is likely to just be garlic bread as the only other food around is a cake being reserved by "Ai" for a "special occasion". The writer fails to understand the wait, as few truly "special" things happen around their home, leaving little to anticipate but more dreams.
As the reader reads these last words, the pages of paper turn to ash, resembling sand which the narrator comments must make the listener nostalgic. It reminds the listener of beach trips with their parents, and of the artificial chemical smell of sunscreen, but also of their deficiencies – They were not enough back then, and even today they struggle to truly connect with others, opting to burn bridges over slight inconveniences and small hiccups. The narrator remarks that it's for these reasons they love the listener so much, as this childish obsession with something so trivial is endearing to them.
The narrator then beckons the listener to listen to their confession – They tried to bite off their own tongue.
Back at the Halloween party, Nodoka calls for everyone's attention, announcing that she will be performing the duties associated with her costume and accepting confessions. While almost all the girls yell at Nodoka for being weird and extremely inappropriate, Yasu feels like somethings happening in the city, whereas Chika asks Yumi how she feels about Nodoka's act, but Yumi uses it to insult Sensei again and to reprimand Chika for being naive and delusional. Due to her aggressive attitude, Chika wants to know what happened to her recent change in attitude and questions how genuine her remorse and desire to change are. Yumi fails to see why it matters, but Chika presses the point that just because she's stopped being as bad as she was, that doesn't make her new stagnant lifestyle progress, even seeing it as a recession.
Yumi tries to weasel out of the topic by claiming that's just who she is, but Chika sees through this ruse and asks her if there's something between her and Nodoka – every time Nodoka shows up, Yumi's entire mood seems to be thrown off. Yumi confesses that she has a hard time talking about her issues with anyone and rather wants to forget about it, begging to speak about this later if she has to, before apologizing for being such a bad person.
Nodoka meanwhile manages to rope Kirin into playing along with her confessions but, at the behest of the rest of the class, is forced to move the moment somewhere more private.
- At the start of the event is a render of Nodoka, filtered to resemble a woodblock print, with various lines of text written across it.
- Along the top, the word "MESSIAH" is written. Along the bottom, the word "CRETIN" is written.
- On the far left is black text given a blue shadow. The text is the Lord's Prayer; Below is a transcription:
- "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil".
- In the center is black text given a green shadow. The text is the Apostles' Creed; Below is a transcription:
- "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting."
- On the far right is black text given a red shadow. The text is Hail Mary; Below is a transcription:
- "Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death."
- Event Default Name = An Excerpt From a Waterlogged Journal
- Event Script Name(s) = halloweenfour11
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update 0.35.