The End of the World
“Sometimes, it feels like I don’t really have any options either.”CHAIN-LINK EVENT
WARNING: this Event is part of an Event Chain! You've lost all control over your own actions and must now sit back while someone else takes the wheel. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and hope that you did things right before taking the plunge!
To get this event
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
EffectsThis event has no effects.
This Event takes place in the following locations:
With the group fully reconvened, Ayane asks the room for any ideas of activities they can do together since no one else seems to be interested in karaoke. Ami and Sana both offer suggestions, but they end up being vetoed when it becomes obvious none of their ideas can be done without risk. Maya instead suggests they play "Never Have I Ever", playing for points instead of taking drinks and only between the girls since Sensei is still absent-minded, with the person who has the least points being declared the "Angel of Purity". The girls all agree with this idea, although Maya notes that Sana is likely to win, a statement Ami and Ayane disagree with.
The prompts go around in a circle, each question becoming slightly more probing until everyone is left embarrassed or surprised at the results. During their last prompt, though, Sana begins to behave erratically, causing Ayane and Maya to realize that a reset is upon them – Ayane struggles to stay calm while Maya is left speechless at how suddenly it snuck up on her. As the chaos unfurls, the scene suddenly returns to nomal, with everyone having seemingly no memory of what just happened.
Instead of playing their game, though, Sana asks if she could have a turn at the karaoke mic, which everyone encourages. She takes the mic, which sounds like a mess of noise, but each of the girls only hears beautiful singing. As Ayane and Maya talk amongst themselves, they notice that Ami's suddenly gone missing, with Sensei finally speaking up and informing them that she went into the hallway after someone called for her. Both girls look towards the doorway, their expressions shifting into fear as they see the splatter of blood on the door. When Sensei tries to step outside as well, Maya commands him to stay put before stepping outside. Ayane follows.
In the hallway, both girls are met with the mutilated corpse of Ami, affixed to a cross. While Maya stares at the corpse in shock, Ayane cries out, begging for a return to her normal life before beginning to vomit all over herself. Once she's finished, Ayane asks Maya how she's able to withstand this horrible sight without much more than raised eyebrows. She explains that, as one of two people still mentally stable, she has to remain calm so that this upcoming reset does not take longer than needed. Maya rushes back to collect Sensei after telling Ayane to clean herself up.
Maya heads back into the karaoke booth, finding things have quickly escalated in her absence, though quips the most disturbing thing is seeing Sensei smile so freely. She tries to guide him back home before the reset starts, but before she can reach him, he suddenly finds himself enveloped in black and alone.
- There is variation in the renders shown depending on Sensei's choice during No One Can See Us.
- At various points during this event, Sana's dialogue is encoded in hexadecimal. The decoded dialogue can be found below:
- "I need to 66 65 65 6c 20 74 68 65 20 6c 69 67 68 74." - feel the light
- "73 6c 69 70" - slip
- "73 65 61 73 6f 6e 73 20 67 72 65 65 74 69 6e 67 73 20 62 6c 65 73 73 65 64 20 6f 6e 65" - seasons greetings blessed one
- "74 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 77 68 65 6e 20 69 74 20 68 75 72 74 73 20 74 68 65 20 6d 6f 73 74" - this is when it hurts the most
- "79 6f 75 72 20 6e 61 6d 65 73 61 6b 65 20 73 68 69 66 74 20 69 6e 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 73 20 72 65 74 75 72 6e 65 64" - your namesake shift in worlds returned
- "73 65 76 65 6e 20 68 61 6e 64 73 20 77 69 74 68 6f 75 74 20 61 20 68 6f 73 74" - seven hands without a host
- When Sana begins to sing, the file "song" is played. A TTS message is overlaid near the end of the song. A transcriptions can be found below:
- "In the midst of His undying rays, a sacrifice is made. Ten fingers grip the waking mind, its carapace remains. For if the summer ends then, what? What point is there to stay? Why should I bother loving those who always go away?"
- Event Default Name = The End of the World
- Event Script Name(s) = halloweenfour16
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update 0.35.