Ten Steps Forward
"Ten Steps Forward" is an Event for Rin Rokuhara.
To get this event
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
- +1 Rin Affection
This Event takes place in the following locations:
- School Dorms - Room 4
Sensei decides to give Rin another visit, hoping that she’s back to her usual self, but once he enters, he realizes that she’s still in a broken state but at least mentally stable. Her talking about serial killers and imagining taking tongues as her signature if she would become one makes him doubt his first assessment of her current condition, but she assures him that she’s getting better. He asks if Chika is still trying to get into contact with her, which Rin confirms, though she still refuses to speak to her. She explains that, contrary to her usual behavior, she's a coward who'd prefer hiding from her problems than facing them head-on, well aware that they'll catch up eventually.
Sensei tells her she'll need to leave her room eventually, reminding her about his idea of an "outing", which she confirms she'll be taking soon. After discussing this, he asks about what she's watching, and she explains that it's music to help her stay calm elaborating by saying it's a departure from her usual music choice. He struggles to understand how music could help her situation and she explains that having her negative feelings validated, or that knowing other people experience them too helps cheer her up. She advises him that bringing her food also has the same effect, something he intends to do the next time has to do "damage control" for her.
She appreciates everything Futaba and he are doing for her, but wishes they could help her with the dreams she’s having. Before Sensei can ask what she means by this, he’s interrupted by a knock on the door. After being allowed in, Chika enters, wanting to talk to Rin in private. He obliges with her wish, ignoring Rin’s pleas for him to stay with her, and leaves the room. While Sensei has no idea what’s going to happen behind this door now, he hopes that it will have a positive outcome.
Rin and Chika take a seat on Rin's bed. The two awkwardly dance around the topic of that night on the beach at first, but Chika breaks the ice by explaining how worried she's been. Rin tries to apologize, but Chika negates this by saying she doesn't want one and that her negative reaction was only caused by shock. She apologizes herself for being unable to answer Rin then, but does so properly now — Chika rejects Rin's feelings but forces her to be her friend again, threatening to camp outside her dorm room if Rin tries to hide again. Rin sees this as unfair and Chika points out how unfair ignoring her has been. Rin appreciates this proper rejection and promises to move on, even if it may take a while. With the situation resolved, Chika takes her leave, promising to be there if Rin needs her.
- There is variation in the dialogue depending on if Sensei broke his promise to Rin by seeing Schadenfreude before What's Done is Done:
- If Sensei did betray Rin, Rin’s description will be brief and Sensei suggests she invites Futaba along with her.
- If Sensei didn’t betray Rin, she elaborates on her intention to stroll trough a part of the city she hasn’t visited in a long time and invites Sensei along to accompany Futaba and her, which he intends to do the next time he goes to the cafe.
- In addition to the usual affection increases, the game reports that Rin’s affection with Chika increases to one.
- On Rin's board is a message in hexadecimal. A translation can be found below:
- 69 20 63 61 6e 20 68 65 61 72 20 69 74 - i can hear it
- Event Default Name = Ten Steps Forward
- Event Script Name(s) = rindorm35
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update 0.9p1.