The Creaking of the Seventh Step
"The Creaking of the Seventh Step" is an Event for Sara Sakakibara.
To get this event
Autoplay after Pride & Joy
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
- +1 Sara Affection
This Event takes place in the following locations:
- Bar - Sara's Apartment
After "helping" to retrieve the espresso machine with Yuki, Sensei reconvenes with Sara as Yuki is sent away to store the machine in the back and clean up the remaining tables. Sara walks over to Sensei as he stands idly by the entrance, inviting him upstairs so they can discuss something in private.
While initially convinced she's dragged him upstairs to discuss his relationship with Yuki, Sara tells him that not everything in her life involves him. She asks for his opinion on movies, as she has used them as an escape from the tragedies of her life for as long as she can remember. She gives a quick summery of her favorite movie, Memento, a movie involving a man who, afflicted with memory problems, has to use the notes left by his previous self to piece who he is back together. She explains that people get easily wrapped up in their mind or do silly things, in her case replicating the movie's protagonist. However, people can get so absorbed in their attempts to escape that they can’t distinguish between things that are real and things that were "forced" into their head to distract from other things – Something that happened to her as well. Because of this, she describes herself as being completely knotted up inside and while she tried her whole life to "untie" herself, she thinks that the "knots" she managed to untie weren't fixed by her own efforts but by pushing something out that was caught between them.
With that in mind, she gets to the main reason she took Sensei up to her apartment – She wants him to watch over Sana for her. Confused and uncomfortable with the implication, he asks why she wants him to do that. She explains that she passed something on to Sana – Something that can’t be taken back and might push Sana down the same path she endured – and imagining her daughter in that same, terrifying position is driving her insane with anxiety and paranoia, but since she has to let her out of her sight in order for her to grow, she needs a close circle of people to protect her daughter. Sensei promises to watch over her whenever he can but reminds her that it's impossible to constantly monitor her daughter. Sara, getting more and more desperate, begs him to reconsider, offering anything and everything she owns if he'll agree to it, but he assures her that Sana will be fine.
She asks Sensei if he's noticed anything off about her already like her claiming to "see things" or recent changes in her behavior. Besides one surprising but harmless revelation, though, Sensei can't think of anything and wants to know what "seeing things" means. As Sara tries to explain, Sensei starts to "black out".
- A series of backwards messages plays during the event. A transcript of these messages can be found below:
- "And everything you know just gets flipped on its head, like it was never yours to begin with."
- "The world itself crumbles to dust and all that's left within it are the traces of who we once were"
- "It becomes impossible to keep your eyes on what is important to you when you see straight through everything"
- "There were silhouettes with arms as wide as protocol and a leg in a basket helped the words when coming out alive."
- "Get it out, it's inside of me, get it out, get it out, give this one back." (Repeated 4x)
- If the player chose not to pursue a relationship with Sara in either Carry Me Home or A Mostly Empty Home, an additional message in hexadecimal is displayed. A translation can be found below:
- "6e 6f 74 68 69 6e 67 20 77 69 6c 6c 20 65 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6b 65 20 73 65 6e 73 65 20 61 67 61 69 6e" - nothing will ever make sense again
- Event Default Name = The Creaking of the Seventh Step
- Event Script Name(s) = saraspecial30p1
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update .30.0.