Somewhere Inside of a Dream
"Somewhere Inside of a Dream" is an Event for Maya Makinami.
To get this event
This event occurs automatically on Saturday
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
- +1 Maya Affection
This Event takes place in the following locations:
While waking up, Sensei hears someone enter his room and already knows that it’s Maya due to the way the door opened and her melon-scented shampoo. Once he opens his eyes, he sees her face and indirectly congratulates her to her birthday, making her smile in the process. She informs him she will do that a few times today but doesn’t want him to comment on it, so he decides to keep a tally. He suddenly remembers Ami, but Maya informs him she’s working today and doesn't know about her visit.
After he gets dressed, she takes a look around his room. She notices the wardrobe Io built for him, inspects his the underside of his mattress, and spots a message on his board signed by "MM", though it wasn’t written by her. After leaving a message herself, they go to the kitchen and have a conversation about the festival and Maya’s desire to be the cutest girl on the festival, because she enjoys being envied without repercussion. Sensei empathizes with that sentiment, but before she can disagree, she realizes he can and feels disgusted by being reminded of this. Maya wants to know why he let her do it and he answers that he did it since he can’t predict the future.
Maya uses this opportunity to get to her main concern and blatantly asks him if he noticed any changes in Ayane or any other girl. Sensei doesn’t see why he should have, but Maya explains that Ayane was able to reach the rooftop because his carelessness resulted in her being seen as an extension of him. He points out that Ayane doesn’t show any signs of changing and Maya reminds him that the reset can overwrite physical and mental anomalies and, therefore, any change was reverted when it occurred.
While this is only a theory, she needs to make sure that she knows about any action he does that could cause an anomaly and prevent anyone from being erased. Sensei tells her that the possibility exists, but she needs to ask Ayane herself if she wants to verify it. He wonders if this really is the only explanation for Ayane making it to the roof, but Maya can’t think of anything else, especially not when everything is completely new for her again. She also confesses to being able to feel again and doesn’t want lose it again. Sensei struggles to believe her theory, but is unable to come up with any alternatives.
Before they leave for the festival later that day, Maya changes into her yukata. Sensei compliments her and the two take their leave.
- There are multiple events that might support Maya’s theory:
- Unlike other intimate events, Patent-Pending is a main event rather than a character event, meaning any change was most likely triggered during this event.
- Ayane shows signs of uncharacteristic fatigue in Best Friends Forever and Under the World Tree, which can be an indicator for this.
- Ayane wanted to talk to Sensei about "something" in She's Always a Woman and tried to talk with him in Nevermind, but didn’t, falling silent when he warned her about repeating a prior prank again.
- During Before the Sun Comes Up she tells him that she felt like she lost something important, but can’t recall what it was. This is the first event after the 3rd reset, i.e. the moment any "anomalies" would've been reverted.
- Event Default Name = Somewhere Inside of a Dream
- Event Script Name(s) = mayafestival1
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update .23p1.