|Surname Name||Arakawa Ami|
|Birthday (Age)||August 31st (n/a)|
|Type of Character||Main Cast|
|Job(s)||Becomes maid at Maid Cafe|
|First Appearance||Every Day I Grow Some More|
'A lovely young girl I've known ever since she was born. We've always been close. After the tragic passing of my brother and his wife, I've been looking after her.[...]'— Sensei's notes
When the game begins, Ami is the first character Sensei meets. She's his niece, whom he takes care of after her parents' deaths, though it's mostly the other way around. Ami is thus responsible for cleaning and cooking at home. Over time, she develops feelings for Sensei and almost fanatically refuses to share him with anyone, including her friend Ayane. At the beginning, she can be found in her room during the weekend, later she works at the Maid Cafe along with Uta.
She is a loving niece and cares deeply for Sensei. However, once she develops romantic feelings for him, she becomes his almost fanatical protector at certain points. This often goes to the point of openly expressing jealousy towards anyone Sensei associates with, especially Makoto. Although she competes with Ayane for Sensei, it never ruins their relationship for long. Because she's petite, she hates insinuations about small breasts.
She falls deeply in love with Sensei rather quickly, cares for him and protects him from anyone she believes would want to hurt him or steal him from her.
Ami sees Ayane as the main competitor for Sensei's attention and often competes with her to see who can please him the most. Despite this rivalry, they are still best friends.
Ami is the only one in the class that Maya can get along with easily, though Maya doesn't share her secrets with her either.
As Makoto has a prestigious position alongside Sensei as the student council president, Ami is very jealous of her, taking every possible chance to tease her by making mean comments about her appearance.
From the moment Noriko first appears, Ami is openly jealous of her, especially since she immediately confesses her longtime love for Sensei. From then on, she sees her as her main rival.
- "PLEASE DON'T DIE! I CAN'T REACH THE TOP SHELF YET!"
- "Without me, you'll starve! None of your clothes would ever be washed!".
- There is Lessons in Love forum thread open on her computer in dorms
- Ami's birthday is revealed by Maya in A new Beginning.
- In Walking on Air, if the player asks her to call him 'Daddy' the game glitches and asks for another name with a corrupted version of the title screen in the background.
- In the Patreon version, The Legend of the Huggy Boy, Ami is repeatedly referred to as being Sensei's accountant.